About Peace Boat
- 36 years as an NGO and social business
- 2017 Peace Nobel Prize winner as part of ICAN
- NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
- Close to 70 around-the-world cruises
- More than 30 regional voyages
- More than 70,000 participants
- Visits to over 200 ports in more than 80 countries
- Multi-generational onboard community of 1,000 participants per cruise
Peace Boat is a social business that combines the four pillars of Education, Business, Advocacy, and Travel. Our global voyages offer a unique programme of activities centred on experiential learning and intercultural communication. The income generated is channeled into future voyages as well as all of the NGO’s activities to promote peace, human rights and respect for the environment. Peace Boat began sailing in 1983, and today sails for 80-100 day global voyages three times every year, carrying approximately 1000 passengers per voyage.
Find out more about Peace Boat. Go to peaceboat.org/english